Douglas E. Duckett, Esq.
Attorney and Trainer in Human Resources and Labor Management
Training and Legal Services in Labor and Employment Law, Human Resources, and Labor Relations
I serve as an attorney and trainer in human resources and labor relations for both public- and private-sector employers based on three decades of experience.
My teaching and training focuses on issues such as:
- Preventing sexual harassment and other forms of discrimination and inappropriate behavior.
- Correcting employee performance (from coaching to termination) in a manner that is defensible under civil service and union contract procedures.
- Dealing with problem and toxic employees.
- Managing public-sector agencies in a unionized environment.
- Conducting effective performance evaluations.
- How employee free expression and social media intersect with the First Amendment.
- How to conduct internal investigations of employment-related issues.
- In addition, I have served as a hearing officer in disciplinary matters and as an expert witness in cases involving human resources and labor relations issues.
I can also offer legal consultation or customized training on a wide range of other human resources and labor relations issues.
My rates are reasonable, and I enjoy a national reputation for excellence in this field. I am available to travel throughout Ohio and the United States, and have offered training, legal services, or expert witness testimony in more than 20 states.
Contact me to discuss what I can do for you and your organization.